Category / Politics
Decolonisation of all of Africa is still an on-going process, the hegemony and dominance of previous colonisers not entirely rooted out. While the work of equalising power relations and resolving conflicts that are residues of colonial divisions is vital. It is also important to decolonise racism and anti-blackness as concepts and practices. African Muslims are far from being a homogenous group, their diversity is rooted in their cultural backgrounds which often determines their religious affiliations. This makes the task of acknowledging and decolonising racism is quite challenging.19. June 2020
As a fellow affluent Nigerian woman traveller who also recently escaped to Barbados, at a time when I needed a black safe haven from whiteness, I felt very much at home and…14. August 2019
- Black Lives Matter: Discussing and eradicating anti-Blackness in the Muslim North African communities.
- Letter to my sisters: Self-Love & Sisterhood
- Saturn in Aquarius 2020 transit — A prediction
- Art as Resistance: Reflections on Built of Past in Present exhibition
- How I experienced Barbados as a Black safe haven: A response to Chibundu Onuzo